Friday, August 17, 2012

Surprise...

Today, the boys and I were missing their Daddy, so we decided to make some Cocoa Krispie treats (Brent likes them better than Rice Krispie treats) and take a trip to Station 25.  Since this would be Blake's first visit to the station, I decided to keep it a secret.

I got the boys and the treats packed up, swung through the Chick-fil-a drive thru for lunch, and then headed out to the fire station.  I gave Brent a call when we were almost there, only to get his voice mail.  I tried again and got his voice mail again.  That's when I started thinking that the med unit was probably out and we may have to wait a little bit for Brent to get back. 

When I pulled up to the station, I saw that my suspicions were right.  But I was surprised to see that both the med unit and engine were out!  That took a couple of minutes to explain to Tay, since he saw his Daddy's truck in the parking lot, he thought he was there.  We had to drive around to the backside of the station so he could look in the bay and see that it was empty.

We ended up eating our lunch and killing some time at Mimi's house and then headed back up to the station.  Brent said that we made his day, but honestly, getting to see him made ours!





No comments:

Post a Comment