Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Busy Weekend

Time continues to fly...four weeks have already gone by since sweet baby Blake was born.  He is changing and growing every day and I continue to be amazed at this little miracle that we call "ours."


We celebrated the birth of another special someone on Friday...Brent!  You would've thought that it was Taylor's birthday.  He was SO excited about his Daddy's birthday and thought it was very important that he picked out a birthday card and had to make sure that Brent had a birthday hat.  So, Tay and I made a little birthday run.  We had what we considered to be a very successful shopping trip.  We left with a giant, blue party hat, a Backyardigan's card, and two helium balloons (a big, yellow smiley face and one that said Happy Birthday).



Mama came over and took care of the boys, so Brent and I went out to Longhorn's for a birthday date night.  Afterwards, we celebrated this special day with our boys and our parents and some homemade apple pie and cookies and cream dessert.  Of course, no birthday is complete without singing "Happy Birthday to You," blowing out the candles, and making a wish.  Tay was more than happy to help Brent out in this area.








Blake has been a bit fussy today, but one thing seems to calm him down.  As long as he's being snuggled in my arms, rocked, and sung to, he seems better.  The other day, he seemed to like the song Crazy Girl by the Eli Young Band, so I tweaked the chorus a little bit and came up with something just for Blake.  It goes a little something like this...


Crazy Blake don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going no where.
Silly baby, come here, let me hold you.
Have I told you lately,
I love you like crazy Blake?


We're hoping our little guy feels better soon.  For now, we don't mind taking turns holding him until he's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment