Thursday, August 23, 2012

Out of the Mouth of a Big Brother

I've got to give credit where credit is due.  Tay has been absolutely wonderful with Blake!  I really wasn't sure what would happen when we finally brought our sweet baby boy home.  I knew Taylor would love him, but wasn't sure how jealous he would be.  Brent and I have tried to involve him with all things "baby" (both before and after Blake was born) and he hasn't shown any signs of jealousy (at least for now).  If anything, he has wanted to help a little bit too much sometimes and rivals me for the number of times he kisses Blake a day.



That being said, Taylor has said some pretty hilarious things over this past month.  Here are some of my favorites:

1.  When we were finally settled in at home, the night of July 18th (the day we brought Blake home), Tay came over, took Blake's hand in his and said "nice to meet you Blake."  Then he kissed his forehead.

He also said "Pee ew Blake, you're a stinky engine."  (Inspired by Diesel talking to Thomas the Train after he was pulling a load of trash).

2.  Taylor sings to his baby brother all of the time, but loves to change the words to Rock-a-bye Baby.  Instead of down will fall Blake, cradle and all, he sings "and Mommy will catch baby Blake and Daddy will catch Taylor."

3.  On July 19th, I was nursing Blake when Taylor said, "Blake is drinking all your chocolate milk!"

4.  He also figured out where the milk comes from.  He traced his finger from the tip of my fingers, up my arm, around my shoulder, and down to my chest.

5.  On July 25th, Tay and I had this conversation:
Me: "When Blake gets bigger you can teach him how to do lots of things."
Taylor: "Yeah, like fight, jump, run, tackle Daddy, go under Bruiser, and bang on the door!"

6.  On August 2nd, while we were outside having pictures taken, I was holding Blake in my arms and he didn't have a stitch of clothes on.  All of the sudden, Blake started peeing.  Tay ran over to see what was going on and then he said "Blake, I'm so proud of you!"

7.  Last night, we were all in the living room and the following coversation took place.
Brent: "Who's your best friend?"
Taylor: "Mama."
Brent: "What?  Who else?"
Taylor: "Baby Blake."
Me: "Poor Daddy.  He doesn't have a best friend."
Taylor: "Uh hun...and his name is Bruiser!"
These are just a few of my favorites.  Tay finds a way to keep us laughing all of the time.  Once Blake is old enough to talk, I'm sure the two of them will keep us in stitches all day (and night) long! 



Laughter is good for the soul and thanks to Tay, there is no shortage of laughter in our happy house.

No comments:

Post a Comment