Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Whole Lotta Love

For some reason, I am one of those people who love Valentine's Day.  I can remember being a little girl and waking up on Valetine's Day morning to find a card and small treats from my Mama and usually a flower or two from my Daddy.  Those little things always meant so much to me. 
I was excited to do something for Tay this year and for him to be old enough to enjoy it.  Over the last couple of weeks, I collected little things here and there and when he went to bed last night, I laid them out on his little table for him to find in the morning.  I wasn't sure if he would be up before I left for work this morning, but luckily, I was pleasantly surprised.


He woke up while my sweet husband snuck out to get me Starbucks.  I took him downstairs and we went through our usual morning routine (get cozy on the couch under the big blanket, drink chocolate milk and watch Cars).  When Brent got home (and Tay finished his chocolate milk), I turned on the light and told him to look at the table.  A huge grin spread across his face as he yelled "Lightning 'Queen!"  He slid off the couch and did his little Fred Flinstone run across the living room.

When he got to his table, he crawled up onto one of his seats and just stared at everything.  He would point at different things and then look at Brent and me and smile.  We both said, "Go ahead buddy. . . you can touch it.  It's for you."  It was so much fun to watch the emotion of pure joy on his face.  It's amazing how the little things make the best memories.


Of course, we couldn't leave Bruiser out.  He got a card from Tay and a new toy (which didn't even last for a day before it was torn to shreds). 



 
I am so blessed with a wonderful husband, precious son, and wonderful friends and family.  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!  I hope it's filled with a whole lotta love.







No comments:

Post a Comment