Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pretty Close to Perfect

When I walked outside this morning, the air felt crisp and there was a slight chill in the air.  It felt like fall might be knocking at summer's door.  There is something about fall that just makes life a little happier, so I can't wait until it finally gets here.

For me, today was a pretty close to perfect day.  We didn't do anything extravagent or adventurous, but everything just felt right and it was so nice to have a day when we didn't have anywhere that we had to be. . . those days seem to be pretty rare.  After Brent got home from his shift at work, we all ate breakfast, packed the boys up, and headed to the park.  Brent and Bruiser played at the dog park, while Taylor and I went for a little jog.

After the park, Tay and I went to run a couple of errands and Brent went to pick up wings.  It is officially opening weekend for college football, so we had a date with the couch.  I love the feeling I get before UGA kicks off and there is nothing but a sea of red fans cheering them on.  I am doing my best to teach Taylor the fight songs, so he is "raised right" and knows what to do when he finally gets to go to a game.  The rest of our afternoon was spent eating wings, drinking rootbeer and cream soda, and eating chocolate chip cookies.  The Dawgs won their opening season game and all is right with the world. . . at least for today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment