Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Will Not Forget

It's hard to believe that nine years ago today, the Twin Towers were hit.  I can remember exactly where I was, who I was with, and the overwhelming shock, terror, and paralyzing fear I felt as I watched the horrible images on the television.  So many innocent men, women, and children died that day.  I can't help but think about them and how the lives of their families changed forever that day.

I also remembered the overwhelming support and assistance so many Americans showed during that time of need.  People showed generosity, kindness, and genuine love.  I am grateful to the firemen and policemen who worked day in and day out to search for survivors and instill a sense of safety and security.

I pray that God will bless our nation and keep up safe.  To all of those people who died, were injured, or were heroes nine years ago today. . . I will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment