Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Goodbye My Friend

My friend from high school, Josh Keyes, passed away Monday night.  He had been in a terrible accident about four months ago and his body was unable to recover from it.  He was a fighter and held on as long as he could.  It's hard to think about losing someone that was so young and still had so much "life" to live. 

Josh and I played soccer together in high school and then as adults, we played in a co-ed league together.  When I think of Josh, I think of this goofy kid, who always had a smile on his face.  He was genuine and loved his family.  He could make anyone's day a little brighter just by being around. 

I will always remember him getting to the indoor games late and laughing about it when we messed with him.  Then, he'd step on the field, run like a mad man for a couple of minutes, and usually score a spectacular goal or come off talking about being old or out of shape.  Just picturing him in my head puts a smile on my face. 

Goodbye my friend. . . you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment