Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Day at the Lake

We spent Labor Day (September 6th) with Brent's parents at Lake Oconee.  The weather was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't wait to get the boat on the lake.  Tay is a water baby, but has only been on a boat once before, so we weren't sure how he would do for the whole day.  When we got him on the boat at the dock, he loved it. 

He was laughing and pointing at everything, until. . .

. . .we put the dreaded life jacket on him.  He was not happy and proceeded to let us (and everyone else on the lake) know about it.

Once we found a little cove, we put the tubes in the water.  I hopped in one and we put Taylor in there with me.  He wasn't too sure what to think about it at first, but he never cried.

Once he was back on the boat and remembered that he had his life jacket on, he remembered that he wasn't supposed to be happy.  I started to feel nauseous and a little sea sick, so we headed to shore to eat lunch.  On the way, Taylor fell asleep and was out cold.  He spent half of lunch knocked out on a bench.

After lunch, we hit the water.  Brent and I did some tubing and of course, every time Brent said "Watch what I can do" or "I have an idea," it usually ended with me some how flipping over him, flying off of my tube, and being flung into the water.  The funny thing is, I can't remember laughing that hard in a long time.  Brent did some wake boarding and then we all got in the lake for a little swim.

Taylor and I hopped in the tube and were floating along behind the boat, minding our own business, when all of the sudden, 65 pounds of fur and claws leaped in the air and landed on me.  I had Bruiser freaking out in my lap, while I was holding Tay up in the air, trying to make sure he didn't get kicked or knocked out of the tube.  I've got to say, it was pretty hilarious to see Bruiser do it again later on when Brent was in the tube.  There is just something funny about a dog in a life vest.

A day at the lake was the perfect way to spend our Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment