Friday, June 10, 2011

Here's to Our Happily Ever After

Six years ago today, I married the man of my dreams, who also happens to be my best friend.  I can't help but think back to that special day and how we met.  Who would have thought that two people that went to high school together and knew a lot of the same people, wouldn't meet until after college (and the Air Force) at Buffalo's trivia night.  What can I say, God's grace and our love of wings, brought us together!

Brent and I had our first date on February 7, 2004 and were engaged on August 29th, of the same year.  While we only dated for 6 months, we both knew that we would spend the rest of our lives together.

On June 10, 2005, we said "I do" on Santa Rosa Beach.  Our wedding was everything we could have ever dreamed of.  The people we loved the most were there to support us as we pledged our love and devotion to each other.  The food was delicious, the weather held out just long enough for us to make our "get away," and I got to wear flip flops. 

 Brent is the most wonderful man I have ever met.  He is patient and kind, athletic and ambitious, and not to mention, incredibly handsome.  He has seen me at my best and at my worst and is always there for me.  He is my true love and I feel like God made him just for me.  We just "work" and fit together perfectly.  I can't wait to see what the next 6 years bring us.  I'm not sure what adventures are in store, but I know they will be filled with a whole lot of love and laughter.


   










2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I didn't realize you guys got married on Santa rose beach too! We just celebrated our amazing two years May 2. Do u remember what marker on the beach you got married? I'd have to look ours up but just wondered since we all got married on the same beach - 4 years a part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful wedding. I am so happy that Nick and I were there. Congrats on 6 years, you two are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete