Friday, June 10, 2011

Boo Boo Bunny to the Rescue!

Last night, Tay was pretty wound up, so when I finally got him in his pjs, on the couch, and under the covers, he was still squirmy and a little bit antsy.  I guess he was trying to get comfortable on his pillow pet, because he kept turning his head back and forth.  Well, one time, he picked his head up and instead of coming straight down onto the pillow, he swung that big noggin' to the right and nailed me in the mouth.  He must have hit it just right, because he split my lip and I could immediately taste blood.  It must have hurt him too, because he sat up and started rubbing his head.

While I was grabbing a baby wipe to clean off my lip, he hopped off of the couch and went into the kitchen.  I had no clue what he was doing, so I went to go and see.  I found him at the freezer door, pointing at the handle, and saying "boo boo."  I figured out that he wanted the Boo Boo Bunny.  I opened the freezer door and he squatted down to find it on one of the little shelves.  I couldn't help but smile.  I figured he was going to stick it on his head, but instead, he turned to me and said "Mama, boo boo."  I knelt down and he put the Boo Boo Bunny on my head (I guess he thought we hit heads).  My heart melted.  I gave him a big bear hug, sat on the floor, and let him put it on my head until he thought it "looked better."

When he was done doctoring me up, he sat on the floor and put it on his big toe.  I guess he thought his old "injury" needed some tlc!  That little boy cracks me up.  What can I say?  There is never a dull moment in the Forrester house!

No comments:

Post a Comment