Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Daddy's Day!

Even though I am a Mama, I love Father's Day.  I love that it is a time to honor Dads and show them how important they are to us.  I feel lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy and so blessed to have married Brent.  He is such an amazing man, who is an incredible husband.


The morning started off pretty calm.  When Brent got home, Taylor gave him his present.  A bag full of kisses (Hershey's almond ones), a big bear hug, and a recordable picture frame.  We you push the button, Taylor's voice says. . . "Hey, Daddy. . . I love you Daddy!"  The next thing I knew, I looked up at the clock and saw that we had to leave in fifteen minutes to make it to worship on time.  At that point, none of us were dressed.  Needless to say, we ended up driving separately, so that I could make it on time to teach.  

After church, we hurried home to start getting things ready.  To show Brent and our Dads how much we love and appreciate them, we had everyone over for lunch.  Brent smoked a couple of chickens and I made a dip, some bruschetta, and a grilled romaine salad with blue cheese and a bacon vinaigrette.  After all, what's Father's Day without a little bit of bacon?  My Mama brought her famous baked beans and we all stuffed ourselves.  But we weren't too full, because there is always dessert to eat!  Brenda brought over a chocolate cake and I made a homemade apple pie (Brentley's favorite).  It was so nice to have everyone together, eat good food, and enjoy one another's company.


Earlier in the week, I made some little "tie" decorations.  I took an idea by Martha Stewart and decided to make my own out of cardstock and scrapbook paper.  Then, I filled containers with root beer flavored candy and put them on the table for decoration.  I also used a really cute tie printable off of Shindigs website.  I printed them up, cut them out, punched holes, tied a little twine around them and "voila!"  They added some fun to the root beer bottles and were the perfect touch to top off the slices of apple pie.


  

By the end of lunch, everyone was ready for a nap.  But before anyone left, we took pictures with all of the Dads. 




After everyone was gone, I gave Brent his last Father's Day present.  It was a new brass shield holder to go on his helmet.  It turned out to be a great day for everyone, not just the Dads!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment