Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Clever Kid

Sometimes, I am completely amazed at the things Tay says and does.  Last night was no exception.  My Women's League team had a soccer game, so while I was getting dressed, I decided to bring my bag in the living room so I could put on my shin guards and socks and still keep an eye on Taylor while he watched Cars.  When I was all finished and starting to pack things up and get ready to go, Taylor looked through the side of a mesh pocket and saw the top on a bottle of Gatorade.  "Ju, ju, ju," he said (asking me for juice).  "That's not juice buddy, that's Gatorade," I said.  He looked back at it again and pointed to the orange top and said "Dadda, Dadda."  That completely cracked me up because there are lots of nights that Brent will drink Gatorade with dinner and when Taylor asks for some of his "ju, ju" we say, "That's Daddy's juice."

Later on that night, when we got home from my game, it was time to get ready for bed.  After getting Tay a new diaper and changing him into his p.j.s, it was time to snuggle.  I fixed his chocolate milk and snuggled with him on the couch.  When he was finished with his milk, he handed it to me and I said, "Okay buddy, it's time to go night night in Taylor's bed," to which he immediately replied "Nooooooo" (in his playful voice).  I thought it was cute, but didn't let him see me smile.  "Alright buddy, time to go night night," I said again.  This time, he layed down on my chest, turn his face to the side, and started to fake snore!  This time, I couldn't help but laugh.  I cracked up, which only made him do it again and snore louder. 

This little boy is too small to be doing these things.  I think we are going to be in trouble when he gets a little older. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment