Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It's hard to believe that Christmas has already come and gone and that we are already celebrating a new year!  We have been so busy lately, that I haven't really had time to catch up on the blog, so I thought I would share some of our favorite Christmas memories.

This Christmas was new and exciting because Brent wasn't on shift and we all got to wake up together Christmas morning in our own house.  It was also a little sad, because it was the first time in 29 years that I wasn't at my Grandma's house (in Florida) on Christmas day with the rest of my family.  The good news is that we got to start some of our own traditions and then Tay and I got to visit everyone else the day after Christmas. 

On Christmas Eve, I felt like a kid all over again.  I was so excited thinking about Santa visiting Taylor that I had a hard time falling asleep.  When he woke up Christmas morning, Brent had the video camera all ready to go.  Taylor was so cute in his little Santa footies and I loved seeing his face when he saw his "big chair" with all of his goodies.

He took everything off of his chair and started "reading" his "Cars" book. . . that is, until he realized that a bunch of those presents under the tree were for him too!  We had so much fun watching him tear the paper off of the boxes and seeing the excitement in his eyes when he opened something new.  He really got to enjoy everything this year.  Brent's gifts to me were fun and thoughtful.  One of my favorites was a photography class he had registered me for, which he stuck inside of a new snowboard jacket.

After all the presents had been opened, I cooked pancakes.  When we had all stuffed our bellies full, we went back to the living room to play with all of Tay's toys.  We spent the day in our pajamas and just enjoyed being together.

Nana and Papa came over and ate lunch with us.  Brent smoked some beef brisket and then it was back to opening presents again.  Taylor had fun playing with his new toys and loving on his grandparents.  When they left to go home, we were all way overdue for a nap!  Snowflakes were starting to fall and so were our eyelids.
 
When we woke up, the ground was covered in a white blanket of snow.  It was absolutely beautiful.  Taylor had a hard time trying to figure out what it was, but liked scraping it off of the mailbox and putting it in his mouth.  We spent the rest of the night over at our neighbor's house playing Wii and watching Taylor and Ryleigh attempt to share their toys. . . it's a work in progress.

 The next day, Brent was off to work and Tay and I were off to Grandma's house!  While we missed Daddy a lot, we had fun spending time with "Gigi," Mimi and G-Daddy, and the rest of our aunts, uncles, and cousins.  One of Taylor's favorite presents he got was his Dirt Devil vacuum from Mimi and G-Daddy.  His only problem was trying to figure out how he could sweep and vacuum at the same time! 

While we were down there, we got to take a "four generations" picture with my Grandma, my Dad, Taylor and me.  I hope that one day, he will cherish it as much as I do.  Before we left, we got to take a quick trip to the beach to take some pictures and write Daddy a message in the sand.

This Christmas was definitely one of my favorites.  It was filled with friends, family, and lots of love.  God has truly blessed us this year and I pray that he continues to do so in 2011.  Happy New Year to everyone!  May this be your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment