Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

Last night, Brent and I took Tay to Relay for Life.  We got there just as they were starting the Survivor Walk.  I wish my Grandma could have come up from Florida to be there.  She is such an incredibly strong woman.  Through God's grace and mercy, she beat breast cancer.  I was glad that we were able to go, even if it was only for a few hours.  Hopefully, as Taylor gets older, we will get to stay longer and eventually spend the night with him there.  I think it's amazing to see a community of people join together to do something good.  Being there is always a joyous, but humbling experience.

Today, my Mama and I took Tay to Snellville Days.  We thought we would skip the parade and go straight to the park to try and beat traffic.  Believe it or not, it actually worked to our advantage!  We had a great time going to all of the little tents and meeting some of the vendors.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous and Taylor and I feasted on kettle corn and a snow cone.  A ride on the train was the ending to a perfect afternoon.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I can't wait to share it with my wonderful Mama and my family.  This has been a weekend full of friends and family and so many little reminders for me to enjoy the little things in life and to remember to count my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment